If you have a side-mounted garage door, then you must have encountered problems closing and opening the door. Do you understand why these issues exist? It’s because of the unadjusted side-mounted garage door springs. But how to adjust side-mounted garage door springs?
You’ll learn how in this article.
Adjusting the side-mounted garage door springs
Adjusting the side-mounted garage door spring is way easier than you think. All you have to do is follow all the steps that I’ve mentioned below.
- Open the door and unplug the opener from the garage door to make the door spring. The lock can be unlocked by pulling the emergency release rope up and down. As the door opens, the tension in the springs will be released.
- While working on the door roller, secure it with a g-clamp to prevent it from falling.
- Now you must remove the hook from the spring. There will be a spring attached to the hanger that will be tightened with a nut. Take the spring out after making sure it is not under stress.
- The hook of the spring can be shifted to the higher or lower side to change the tension.
- Prior to adjusting the spring tension, make sure you have adjusted both holes equally.
- The hook should be moved to the new location, the nut replaced, and then tightened using a wrench once your door is balanced.
- After adjusting the springs in a different hole, unclamp the door and check its operation. Feel the door by lowering it.
- Your duty is over if your door balances; if not, make necessary adjustments in the following hole. It is necessary to repeat the entire procedure in order to achieve the desired results.
- It is important to lubricate all the components of the garage door in order for it to operate properly.
That’s how you adjust side-mounted garage door springs.
For any garage door repair services, you can contact garage door repair Smithfield which is a professional service provider.