Different types of carpet cleaning methods are available to suit different needs. Some methods are more effective than others, and some may be more suited to your particular type of carpet. Here is a look at the different types of carpet cleaning methods:
- Vacuum cleaning – This is the most basic type of carpet cleaning Melbourne, and is suitable for routine cleaning. Vacuum cleaners remove dirt and dust from the carpet by using suction.
- Dry cleaning – This method uses a dry powder or foam to clean the carpet. The powder is worked into the carpet with a brush, and then vacuumed up.
- Steam cleaning – This is a more thorough type of cleaning, and is often used to remove tough stains. A steam cleaner injects hot water and detergent into the carpet, and then sucks it back up.
- Shampooing – This method involves using a shampoo to clean the carpet. The shampoo is worked into the carpet with a brush, and then vacuumed up.
- Bonnet cleaning – This is a method that is often used in commercial settings. A bonnet is placed over the spinning brush of a floor machine, and the bonnet absorbs dirt and grime from the carpet.
- Encapsulation – This is a newer type of cleaning that uses an environmentally friendly polymer to clean the carpet. The polymer encapsulates dirt and dust, and prevents it from being re-deposited on the carpet.
- Dry foam cleaning – This method uses a dry foam to clean the carpet. The foam is worked into the carpet with a brush, and then vacuumed up.
How often you should have your tile and grout cleaned?
This is a difficult question to answer because it really depends on your tile and grout. For example, if you have light-colored grout, then you might need to clean it more often than if you have dark-colored grout. Also, if you have a lot of traffic in your home, then you might need to clean your tile and grout more often. Generally speaking, you should hire tile and grout cleaning Melbourne services at least once a year.