It is a great moment of joy when your kids start crawling and walking. It is a memorable moment for moms and dads when they see their child crawling or walking for the first time. In addition to the joy, it is also a moment for thinking for the safety of your child. Now, your child can explore the places that were unreachable till now. One of the most important things to consider at this moment is the electrical safety. Following are some electrical safety tips for moms and dads to follow as well as teach their kids.
- Keep the electric appliance and cords away from the reach of your children.
- Cover the open sockets with proper safety caps.
- Do not leave metal objects lying around as children can insert them into electric sockets or appliances.
- Do not keep electric appliances near water sources.
- Never let your kids go near power lines.
- Make sure that your kids do not play or climb trees or walls near power lines.
- Watch for the wires and power lines that are broken and lying around.
- Do not plug many appliances into extensions or board to avoid overloading.
- Do not let your children fly kites near power lines, especially in the wet season.
- Tell your children not to operate or touch any electric appliances when they are wet. And do not place electric appliances near washroom or swimming pool where children might touch them while they are wet.
- Do not pull electric cord from the switch. Instead, pull it from the plug.
- Keep all electric wires tucked away, neat and clean.
These electrical safety tips will not only save you and your child from hazards but also encourage the positive life-long habits.